Thursday, June 15, 2006

[DDM] Skullrunner

All this talk of World Cups got my creative juices flowing and out came Skullrunner, Soccer for Dungeons and Dragons Miniatures. This is the fourth of my scenarios published by Wizards of the Coast, it is pretty exciting. I am trying to write about one a month, which is quite a task. Each one requires a lot of contemplation as well as playtesting. Both things that are hard to accomplish with a 6 and 3 year old running around. Right now as we type I have a 6 year old spinning around in my office singing 'twinkle, twinkle little cat!' I can't help but smile, but at the same time it really makes it hard to keep a train of thought. What were we talking about? Oh yeah, Skullrunner. I'm going to run this one soon in our local DDM group. It's gonna be fun - if you are interested let me know and I'll add you to our mailings. We play various forms of DDM almost weekly. Even though we've been playing a fair bit of Injurious Games since CanGames. Rumour has it that I am officially listed as a playtester for their newest offering - Heroes of the Empire! Sweet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I just readed the scenario, and sounds great! The only sad thing is that here in Chile, there is no real organized play, so I can't play it.

Thank you for your work!

One of Freedom said...

All you need is another player for that one. Because it basically reduces the game to its melee components it is really easy to teach someone the basics of DDM with. Who knows maybe you could start some organized play once you teach a few folks the game.

If you are playing with someone who doesn't have their own minis, I'd suggest swapping your teams after each games so that they get to try out the different miniatures and so they don't think you built them a lesser team.