Tuesday, July 04, 2006

[LIF] OK This is Annoying

What the heck is Harper thinking with this? My buddy Joseph was ranting about this in his Coffee Jesus. I had to look it up, sadly I find the news depressing and this is a case in point. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of Mr. Harper but still I didn't expect him to do something as stupid as this. Did I suddenly wake up in the States?

I just don't get it. Especially with someone who wants to win a majority government in the next election - you would think they wouldn't want to alienate a huge portion of Canada's population, let alone one that many of us feel have been trodden under the boot of the "white" man for too many years now. Just frustrating. Perhaps George Bush will be relieved that his position as my least favourite world leader is being challenged.

2 comments:

byron smith said...

More than annoying - sounds like our governments have much in common in treatment of aboriginal citizens. The article mentioned Australia and I'm sure our present leadership would have been just as fearful as yours.

One of Freedom said...

What really makes this awkward is that the CDN government was at the forefront of producing this resolution??? The party that comes in is a minority and they try stuff like this, it just doesn't make sense from a purely self-preservationist agenda. Unless they are following suit with the US whose vote doesn't even count. I think many in the Conservative party idolize the US. The US is in the same boat with how they have treated their own aboriginal peoples.