Saturday, September 30, 2006

[LIF] Where'd Joe go?

Wow that is bizarre. I have been part of an interesting conversation over at Way of the Pastor (not sure where to link anymore) when all of a sudden I am cut out of the conversation? It was hardly a heavy conversation, so I'm left scratching my head as to what I did. I know Joe and I have ideological differences - he is way more conservative than I could ever hope to be. But hey, that is what I liked about the conversation. It stretched me, made me really think through my positions.

Joe. I was willing to overlook the way you would sometimes decide to play referee and try to halt the threads. The web is a wild thing Joe, it is not as easily tamed as some would like. But is that really so bad? If we never dialogue through things then we never really get to the answers that might be helpful. Maybe you found it offensive that I tried to steer the conversation to matters that actually matter, namely where this stuff intersects with our own lives. If that's the case then you probably did me a favour. I'm sure there were not that many others listening in on that conversation anyway, and I won't miss having to log onto Myspace to catch up. But I wish it could have at least ended in a better way then you taking your ball and bat and going home. Joe this post is for you, I hope you respond. Maybe we can just move the conversation over to my place for a while... what do you say?

No comments: