Sunday, October 29, 2006

[LIF] Booktopia!

One of the bulk book stores is going out of business and selling a bag of books for $20! Well I filled a bag in the religion section, basically got all I wanted and a few I wouldn't otherwise have bought. Actually only a few were ones I would have bought there anyway, but they are all welcome additions to my library! Here is my haul:

  1. Gundry (Ed) - 5 Views on Sanctification - fun

  2. Vallee - Soundings In G. E. Lessing's Philosophy of Religion - dunno

  3. Taithe & Thornton (Eds) - Prophecy: The Power of Inspired Langauge in History - cool

  4. Hutson (Ed) - Religion and the New Republic - Noll is in there!

  5. Aquinas - Treatise on Law - fun

  6. Graham - Sacred Adventure: Beginning Theological Study - reader

  7. Zagano & Tilly (Eds) - Things New and Old - very cool!

  8. Allen - Love & Conflict - dunno

  9. Price - A Serious Way of Wondering - dunno

  10. Drane - Faith in a Changing Culture - dunno

  11. Ortberg - God is Closer than you Think - it was cheap

  12. Brown (Ed) - Christianity in the 21st Century - interesting

  13. Laiser - Toward an Old Testament Theology - coo

  14. Harpur - The Uncommon Touch - interesting

  15. Higgins - Heretic Blood: The Spiritual Geography of Thomas Merton - cool


I know, I should be working on my studies. But how can you pass a book buffet?

4 comments:

One of Freedom said...

For some reason I get Merton and Moore mixed up. Any Trappist monk who gets described on the covar as a Heretic has to have something worth hearing!

Anonymous said...

Jealous!

Anonymous said...

are you planning to give some away when you're finished with them? just a wishful thinking! :-)

One of Freedom said...

Well I actually just finished updating my Library Thing and reshuffling my bookshelves. I needed an AR task after helping move some very disorganized people. I don't tend to get rid of books, I often mark up the good ones which I know is blasphemous to some bibliophiles. Shhh don't tell Kenny. :-)