Monday, June 13, 2005

Starting out...

Hey all, I am pretty sure this is slightly exhibitionistic (having a blog and all) but lately I've been reading blogs and really finding some fascinating insights there. So here is my attempt.

Best to start with an introduction eh.

You guessed that I am a Canadian - I am a Vineyard church planter in Ottawa - the capital of this here country. I have a different sort of congregation - sometimes I think it is because we are not that good at planting, but othertimes I recognize that we haven't completely figured out yet how to marry our strengths to our work as church planters. I seem to have a great knack for networking and encouraging churches and other Christian works. Also we've had to face our fair share of pressures to conform to a more traditional definition of "church".

Our church is called Freedom Vineyard and I guess I do blog weekly through our Yahoo!group where you can catch my weekly message (I typically follow the Roman lectional calendar for this) and meet some of our folks. We also have a calendar to help you find out what's going on in our community - you know if you are ever in Ottawa we'd love to hang out.

I have a rather old webpage that has some of my writings on it. I keep meaning to update that puppy, but I also keep meaning to clean up my office - you guess which gets done more often.

I am a big fan of theology and like to take courses when I have time. I have been picking away at a Theology undergrad for far too long now - but enjoying the experience of putting into practice what I am studying. That has been amazing and has brought a lot of depth to the liturgy of our community. My favourite theologian is Jurgen Moltmann, he has an incredible knack for making theology practical. I'm thinking my next entry will be something from my current reading of "The Crucified God".

I am also a gaming buff - fantasy role playing, miniatures, etc. A philatelist - even though having little kids makes it hard to pull out my albums to work on that. A book collector with something like 500+ titles in my growing theology library. I am also a bit of a hack musician playing guitar, harmonica and a bit of keyboards. I sing also, but really should take some lessons. I have done a bit of song writing but nothing published - another area I still need to work on.

Well that's me in a nutshell. Tune in for some of my random musings.

peace,
Frank
one of Freedom!

No comments: