Thursday, June 23, 2005

Day 3 - Resonate Fast

Just checking in before I start running around. I have to remember to pray for my buddy Joseph at 2PM when he is praying for a friend with liver problems. Had a good rest last night - even after a late kinship. This is the last day of the fast, I feel a bit shaky inside and am tired of constantly having bad breath (yeah that is wierd). But am looking forward to some extra praying time today.

I would highly recommend not going to the grocery store when fasting.

Elyssa off to school. Chelsea watching Dora again - now time to pray before I need to go play with her. Can't let her watch that all day don't you know. I have a headache and I should not have started the day with a coffee. Doh!

OK so I'm pretty much through the times I can get away to pray. We'll have to see what happens tonight - I have to prepare supper for my kids! I made it through lunch but that was easy, I just cooked up a hot dog for Elyssa and heated leftovers for Chelsea. I am not sure what to make tonight though. Oh no Chelsea has the phone!!!!

For me the fast ends. It was a great ride. At supper my little one fell asleep and when I woke her she was in a right snit - I was having trouble coping so I decided not getting angry at my kids was worth more to me than a few more hours of not eating.

I know that I blogged the frustrating bits, I actually found that a bit therapeutic. I usually like to keep fasting pretty private - so maybe that is why it is intensified. Also it has been a long, long time since fasting more than a day or less. I learned a few very valuable things:

1 - I don't take care enough of my own body. I am in bad shape. I don't get enough rest nor do I always eat properly. I knew this, but it is soooo evident when you are fasting. I don't remember ever having this much trouble with it.

2 - I think I like it more private. So this is likely the last time I'll mention fasting - unless I decide on another big corporate fast like this one. We were reading the end of Matthew's take on the Sermon on the mount this week and praying in private really caught my attention. I tend to be a pretty open guy and I am learning about pearls and swine as well - got tore apart pretty bad this week for spilling my God dreams. That is a hard thing for me, which is why I think I have an easier time with internalizing things like fasting - more favour I guess.

3 - Get away to fast. The most frustrating thing is trying to press into God and have someone step into your space. In fact I think I really need to organize a time away each week - a personal prayer retreat. I know just the space too.

Well that's it for me.

No comments: