Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Day 1 - Resonate Fast

I really don't like fasting. The fast pace of life doesn't mean I can really fast effectively - that is taking the time I would eat to pray instead. It seems I am in motion a lot of the time. Always with a list of to do items as long as my arm. (Blogging doesn't help that BTW). It was nice though to start off with my regular early morning prayer group - there seemed to be a fresh fire in our prayers even though I never let on that I wasn't eating for the next three days. My hope is that this is just a small taste of what is to come. Time to get on with my day and try to find some of those precious quiet moments to just be with Jesus.

I love thunder storms, especially with lots of lightening! We only really got sheet lightning where I grew up - so I can watch fork lightning for hours and not get bored. We only got a little storm today - the clouds were moving at quite the clip. Kinda like my day. I feel an ache in the belly and am really hungry. God give me a hunger for You. Ahhhh, well I made a green tea, let's see how that makes me feel.

So frickin' tired. Grumpy, hungry, irritable. I really don't do well fasting when I am at home with my family. I remember fasting from speaking for a week - that was pure hell. This is only day one and I still haven't really had any solid prayer time except the morning. Everytime I get some solitude one of the kids comes or my wife has another job for me to do. Arrrrgggghhhhh. Soon the kids will all be in bed, Sharon has her scrapbooking friends over and I am going to slip away into the night. In all likelyhood I'll probably just fall asleep though.

Check in tomorrow and see if things pick up.

No comments: