Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Day 2 - Resonate Fast

Much better - I think last night is the first time in a long while that I got more than 6 hours of sleep! I woke up feeling tired but more normal, that is a relief. Off to morning prayer, which was ok. It would have been better if we had prayed more and talked less - but when we did get to praying it was good. I love praying in public spaces - not that we do that in an obvious way. I like to do what I call conversational prayer - that is we recognize that God is sitting right there with us and we converse with God as we would if we were just talking to each other around the table. Works well in coffee shops and people only catch on if they listen to the content of our conversation (we've had folks join us that way). OK so lots to do today, gotta get ready for Kinship tonight. I have been meditating on the passage but it hasn't all come together in my head and heart yet.

I finally got away to the chapel at St. Paul's. That was super nice. I was mostly focused on my text for this evening - but the Holy Spirit was diligently stripping away my initial assumptions about the text and dealing with my own heart and life. Too cool. I have two 2 year olds to look after this afternoon - should be interesting.

OK kids are here watching Dora the Explorer. Sweet, some time to check in and then meditate.

Well not as much time as I would have liked, but I did get some quiet time in there. I find that I am better off in a liturgical space, somewhere I know I am not going to get interrupted. I think I'll head back to the chapel when Sharon returns. If so I'll check in after Kinship. FYI I tried laying on the floor in the room with the kids, you know to meditate a bit more, but they just jumped on my back which though fun - hurt.


I am hungry!

Kinship was great tonight. I took off for the chapel like I planned and it was awesome. I even spent some time a the Marian grove on campus. I haven't done that since the last time I visited San Jose (there was a huge aluminum Mary near where I was teaching). This was a good day overall - in fact I got into some pretty profound insights on the days gospel reading.

I am hungry and I am tired.

No comments: