Wednesday, August 22, 2007

[LIF] Prepping for School

Where did the summer go?

I'm writing this post from a spiffy new laptop. I needed something that could handle recording whole classes. I'm paranoid about taking courses in french this semester. I know it will be good for me, kinda like being thrown in the deep end of the pool, but still I need some recourse. So it made sense to replace my ancient workhorse with a smaller, more robust model. Hence the HP Pavilion dv2000 I'm typing on right now.

I have lots of little niggly things to do yet before I return to classes. My youngest is still not completely sorted for childcare, Sharon isn't too concerned but I'm the type that likes to have all the ducks in a row. I've been power reading McDermott's excellent book "Can Evangelicals Learn from World Religions?" I really am enjoying it, despite his obvious fascination with Edwards. I have been carrying around "The Master Plan of Evangelism" Coleman for a few weeks too, but not done much reading in it. Soon.

I really wanted to get some writing done but between learning french, trying to do some of the neglected housework and just being a family - well there isn't much time for things like writing. The odd blogpost is about it. What I want to work on is my article on Grace and the series I have planned on the Kingdom of God. Ahhh, I'll get into it soon, or so I tell myself.

Well I need to finish packing my favourite softwares onto this lappy. I'll be giving One Note another whirl, perhaps it will be easier with a better computer.

No comments: