Saturday, January 27, 2007

[THO] Modern Church Mystic

I have to choose a 15th or early 16th century figure to research for my Modern Church History course. I really have my heart set on a mystic, I was thinking of Jeanne Guyon but she is born just a little too late. The ones that come readily to mind are: John of the Cross, Jakob Boehme and Theresa of Avila. I can only choose one and I would really like someone with a sense of Earthiness. I'm open to suggestions, I need to start some preliminary research soon.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jakob Boehme is my vote. But that's because he had an impact on English history. What can I say, I'm biased!

One of Freedom said...

Thanks Kenny. I chose Jakob and ordered a few books the other day. I'm not finding much in my general histories of the Church, I usually have tonnes of data to work with.