Saturday, May 31, 2008

[LIF] Anticipation

Today I had my first appletini, it was soo good. (1 part apple vodka, 2/3 part Sourz apple, 1/3 butterscotch schnapps - shake with ice and strain into martini glass, garnish with apple slice.) I had to figure out how to make it for my party tonight. Sorry if you didn't get invited. We are just playing poker and we have quite a few coming, so we had to stop inviting folks. Sharon has some sort of prize lined up (something chocolate I bet) and I think she is getting me a cake!

My birthday isn't until the 3rd, but this was the best time we could find to do something.

I've been experimenting with blind structures that allow us to finish an evening at a decent time, but are also fun for everyone. Tonight we are doing 20 minute blinds and each person starts with $40K in chips. With this progression:

100/200/0 (ante)
200/500/0
500/1K/100
1K/2K/200
2K/4K/500
4K/8K/1K
8K/16K/2K
16K/32K/4K
32K/60K/8K
60K/100K/16K

Should wrap the game up in the third hour. We might do a break midway for appletinis and other fancy drinks. For those of you worrying, there is no real money involved, just food, friends and lots of fun! As you can imagine, I just can't wait!

No comments: