Monday, February 13, 2006

Used Bookstore

Went to the used bookstore today, wanted to pick up a book on the Enlightenment that I had seen in the history section. So of course I browse the spirituality section. There were a few books I thought of but luckily I only bought two of them. “With Burning Hearts” by Henri Nouwen – a meditation on the Eucharistic Life, how could I now buy that? And I also bought the book “In Memory of Her” by Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza. I have run across Fiorenza’s work in my studies at St. Paul, I always find the feminist theologians to be challenging; in fact I know I’ve read an article or two of hers in the past. What is cool about this one is that it has a scripture index; it will be so cool to get a feminist perspective on some of the verses I am working with in our community. Well, unfortunately I have to relegate these books to the bookshelf for now – much study of the good Count of Zinzendorf still ahead.

No comments: