Monday, July 18, 2005

Boy is it hot!!!

It is like soup out there. I haven't cut my lawn in forever because of the weather. I now have mushrooms on my lawn. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mushrooms. Probably won't chance them though.

OK so I just got another one of those annoying calls where they tell you you've won some meal or vacation. Why are they always astounded when you tell them you don't want to participate? What is up with that? So he asks me why and I say there is always a catch - he denies it so I politely refuse to cooperate when he asks me my salary range. He expected me to believe it wasn't market research. Anyway, those calls are just annoying.

I'll have something constructive to say soon - I am working on a bloggage, but wanted to let you all know I'm still kicking in all the heat.

3 comments:

Kurt N. said...

Ah, nothing like subversive phone calls. I recall when somebody called my wife with the offer of "free groceries". Turns out that we'd have to sit through a 3-hour presentation first. I called them back and told 'e no thanks. Homie don't play that.

One of Freedom said...

One of my pet peeves is when Christians try this tactic - making you have to listen to a structured gospel presentation before they give you some food. There is just something about it that is wrong.

Kurt N. said...

Don't get me started on "Dumb Christian Tricks" :)