Tuesday, September 19, 2006

[LIF] Mini Meme - you complete me...

Byron tagged me to continue Rachel's Mini Meme. I am honoured actually. I find these things fascinating, really get you thinking. This one is interesting as it is all about art that touches you deeply. Here goes.

A Piece of Art that you Love

Like most artistic things, I love to wrap myself in a picture but I don't often keep track of who does what. So best I can do is describe the piece that moves me most. In our National Gallery there is a pop-art section that I really like, but the sculpture of the bag lady always gets me. Hey I found a picture but I still do not know who sculpted it. Enjoy.

A Line in a Song or Line of Poetry that Reaches Your Core

I used to write a lot of poetry. One of those things that my early Christianity kicked out of me, unfortunately. I have been trying to reawaken that side of my being, but it is hard to find time. Songs are easier to find a reference point in for me. For some reason everytime I hear Peter Gabriel's More Than This. I get goosebumps all over. It just resonates so deeply in me.
so much more than this
there is something else there
when all that you had has all gone
and more than this i stand
feeling so connected
and i'm all there
right next to you
Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

An Experience in Nature that was Really Special and/or Spiritual
I was driving back from Cambridge (Ontario) with my friend Kathryn. We had been at the Regional Leadership meetings for my denomination. Once we had gotten about an hour past Toronto the Aurora Borealis painted the night sky a brilliant purple. It was the most intense I'd ever seen it. We were treated to this amazing lightshow almost the whole way back to Ottawa. It was profound and seemed to usher us right into the presence of God.

A Movie that Changed the Way you Saw the World
I love movies! There are so many that have really impacted me. The most recent film that shook me up was Lord of War with Nicholas Cage. Also Final Cut with Robin Williams really made me think a lot about the idea of memory.

A Piece of Music that Makes You Cry
Drowning Man by U2 really gets me in this way. I find that there are a number of worship tunes that also can get me.

Who to tag: Kenny, Joe, Tim, Matte, and Danny.

4 comments:

byron smith said...

Thanks - I enjoyed your answers. I'd love to see the Aurora Borealis one day.

Tim Kantel said...

I just finished my try at this. It was fun to think through a few of these things. BTW I tagged Dan...we'll see if he responds. I'd love to hear his answers to some of these questions.

Thanks for the tag Frank. It was fun.

One of Freedom said...

You are most welcome Tim. I'm going to pop over and see you muses now.

Rachel said...

I enjoyed reading your answers too! thanks for playing!