Thursday, April 09, 2009

Holy Week

Liturgically this is my favourite time of the year. It is a bit exhausting though. We had our regular service last night, but now the special services begin. This year we are doing our annual Good Friday sensory service. Sharon and I have planned out 6 stations on the theme of Christ's Passion - Our Redemption. They include:
redeeming our relationship with God, redeeming our relationship with our selves, redeeming our relationship with each other, redeeming our relationship to the world, redeeming our relationship to time, and redeeming our relationship to money. I only have to get some thin ribbon, bread and wine yet. I usually get the bread the day of if I can't convinced someone to bake it fresh. I still have a lot of work to do to get this service ready.

Also we are having an Easter vigil. Andrew and Lori are hosting a midnight candle mass. I love this service, for some reason it didn't happen last year. We really need it because I left the corporate candle in the car too much last summer - it is very warped. Did you know those thick candles could get warped? We have been using the same candle for two years now - every Eucharist and special service. Those candles are like energizer bunnies! Good thing. What I love about the Easter vigil is that the primary liturgical feature is the community reading scripture to each other, at least how we do it. This is the first time we've done it so late, so I'm not expecting a large turnout.

No comments: