Friday, August 05, 2005

Planning our vacation...

We are heading to Nova Scotia in a few weeks. Gonna visit my family. The drive to Truro is about 14 hours without kids - we are hoping to make it in two days. There was a great show on CBC this afternoon on how to travel with kids. Lots of wonderful suggestions. We are planning a travelling album - gotta get some film for the old polaroid camera. Also our first day is only to Riviere-du-Loup (about 7 hours driving time) where we plan to relax in a hotel with a pool! Should be lots of fun.

I was busy this afternoon, after the show, making lists of food to take, stuff to pack goodie bags with, items essential to travelling with kids. I warned you I like obsessive compulsive AR stuff. Finding a nice hotel (still have to book it - $135CDN is a bit more than I expected, oh well). Oh and I told the girls that they can each choose a new DVD for the trip but they can't watch it until we get underway. I am hoping though that some of the suggestions will mean less DVD play this time. Movies are better at night when there isn't so much to see and do.

What are some of the things you've done to entertain your young ones on long trips? Leave me a comment, it is exciting to think that this just might be our best family trip yet. Don't worry I'm sure I can find a hotspot down there to keep up on my blogging.

No comments: