Thursday, December 13, 2007

[LIF] Almost There With Some Fun On the Journey

We had our first Christmas potluck last night, it was pretty laid back despite the multitude of kids. When I broke out the guitar my girls started dancing with all four of Sarah's boys. It was quite fun to watch the kids all twirl around like that. Greg snapped a lot of pics, of course I put the one of me up. ;-)

Had a great study group today, I'm pretty confident going into my Biblical Interpretation exam Monday. BTW this was a course on the history of interpretation, very cool course. If you want to know how things have shifted throughout the history of Christianity grab "A Short History of the Interpretation of THE BIBLE" (Robert Grant and David Tracy), our course covered more than this book, but I've been reading it as a sort of review and really enjoying it. This is the last scripture course I will ever _have_ to take on my road to a PhD at St. Paul. But I'm thinking I'll take the advanced NT Greek course at some point for kicks and giggles.

I also had a study group on Tuesday for my Spirituality and the Human Sciences course. I just have to carve out some time to write the paper. That one should be fun to write. I'm thinking of getting it done this weekend so that I will wrap everything up by Monday. That is if I can get my exit interview for the Methodologies course in on that day. I have done zero Christmas shopping!

Tomorrow I have some pastoral visitation to do, a lunch party at the Lonergan Centre and try to get the oil changed in the car. If I have any time left I'll get some shopping done, but I'm not holding my breath.

2 comments:

Cleireac said...

Hmm. You had to take French, as it was required, and now you want to take NT Greek "for kicks and giggles?" What are you? some kind of sicko? [g]

Seriously, I saw another blog discussing the tension between 'redemption-focused theology" (i.e., the Kingdom) and propitiation-focused theology. You might have to scroll down a little to get to the meat and links, but you find it interesting.

http://jollyblogger.typepad.com/jollyblogger/2007/12/around-the-jo-1.html

One of Freedom said...

I did a year of NT Greek a ways back, but honestly it is enough to make you dangerous, ie. enough to make you think you can read the Bible in Greek.

I'll check the link.