Monday, December 18, 2006

[LIF] The Vue from Here

Edit: I should proudly point out that this is not your average vehicle, it is a hybrid engine which really makes me happy. There is a review of the Vue Green Line here.

We are the proud owners of one sweet ride. Well actually GMAC leasing owns it, but we get to drive it (for a monthly fee of course). We are pretty happy, our first real drive in it was to church on Sunday in Carleton Place where I was guest worship leader. The drive was nice, the service was great and we are dog tired!

I spent most of Thursday and Friday resting, exams really drained me. Sunday wore me out and we did marathon shopping today. I am crazy tired. Tonight we did up Christmas cards, yeah I know we are a bit late. Better late than never though. It has just been that kind of hectic month. We have two services this week, well one is our annual potluck, should be great. I'm making a gluten free lasagna (from scratch). Good news is I'm almost done my shopping, just a few more stocking stuffers and something for some friends and we're done.

I'm actually enjoying The Portable Seminary, a book I'm reviewing for Christian Week. The first section is all about Biblical studies and starts off with the predictable stuff on Biblical inerrancy (it is an Evangelical book that is for sure) but then launches into a much better than expected discussion of original langauges and hermenteutics. Just started the Systematic theology section, we'll see how this one stacks up. I have to finish the remaining 600+ pages and write a 400 word review by the 12th of Jan. Got's me some reading to do. I'm also trying to get ahead on my DDM scenario writing for Wizards of the Coast. Should have one ready to submit tomorrow night, just need to test it out a bit more.

If I'm not blogging so much the next two weeks, know that I'm probably running my behind off or just chilling with my wife and kids. Got me a bottle of rum and tomorrow I'll pick up some Eggnog to go with it. Mmmmmmm, eggnog. Don't worry, if you drop by I do like to share.

8 comments:

byron smith said...

Hey Frank, not to rain on your shiny new parade, but I'm curious about why you chose a 4WD. Love to hear your thoughts.

One of Freedom said...

Actually I didn't. I wouldn't either. The 4WD is quite a gas chugger and has super high emissions compared to mine. This is their Green Line. We needed something with enough room to make our trips down East (13+ hour drive with kids and luggage), so we were talking mid-sized car there. Also I gig a lot so I have to be able to get my gear all in the back, which is why we had a mini-van before. But we wanted a smaller engine and the new Montana's had gone bigger and looked like SUVs now.

We had heard that Saturn was putting out a hybrid and we were very keen on that technology. Lower emissions and lower gas consumption. It cost a bit more but it I think it is worth it to have the room we need and a car that is less harsh on the environment. It has a cute little 4-cylindar engine and an electric engine that work seamlessly, switching back and forth. It takes a bit to get used to driving differently, but that is part of the fun trying to use the gas engine as little as possible. On the highway with cruise set the electric engine shines. It has more punch than their standard 4-cylindar (we test drove that one too) but it wouldn't far well with 4WD.

byron smith said...

Frank - my mistake! Apologies. Good to hear you made a thoughtful decision. Hope you enjoy your new purchase and it serves you well.

Anonymous said...

can i come for a drink too?

One of Freedom said...

Most definitely!

My buddies who are pastoring the Smiths Falls Vineyard dropped in last night and we were joking about the freedom of the Vineyardites. They were sharing some really coolGod stories about their ministry in that little community. They take in the folks no one else wants in their churches and are just blessed to have them.

One of Freedom said...

Thanks BunnyP.

Anonymous said...

Nice car! Enjoy. You all deserve a break. Merry Christmas.

One of Freedom said...

Thanks Joey, have a great celebration of Christmas yourself.